Simone Müller puts on her self-made traditional Cheyenne outfit.
She tells us about her longing to visit the Western United States. We join her in a get-together with fellow hobbyists as they gather around the fireplace of a tipi in their suburb garden to get lost in play.
Sitting in his basement that resembles a historic saloon, scout reenactor Uwe sympathises with the millions of immigrants that left Europe for America over the last centuries.
Yara, an internationally successful western rider from the Ruhr, dresses in her sequined golden show outfit before training with her appaloosa mare Casey. She tells us about her passion for Texas, where everything seems to be a little larger than life.
We sit beside Kevin Derwahl, better known by his nickname “Johnson”, as he rides his wartime Jeep through the Belgian Ardennes and pay visit to a stretch of forest that saw heavy fighting during of the Battle of the Bulge.
What they all have in common, apart from the longing, is the realisation that this is not an all too worldly place.
Awards & Festivals
- Topanga Film Festival 2021, Kalifornien
- LETsDOK Bundesweite Dokumentarfilmtage 2021
- blicke – Filmfestival des Ruhrgebiets
- Stranger Than Fiction – Kölner Dokumentarfilmfest 2022
- International Film Festival ZOOM – ZBLIŻENIA, im Kurzdokumentarfilm Wettbewerb, Polen 2023
- Dortmunder Tresen Filmfestival 2023