A pale girl, bright eyes, wrapped thickly in a snowsuit, in a remote junkyard.
Seven-year-old Lina searches for parts amid rusty scrap metal, gutted electrical waste and discarded rubber particles. She is excited about this place: a real treasure trove for the pump she wants to build! Suddenly she realizes that she is not alone: the mysterious junkyard is guarded by nine-year-old Kalle. He wants to throw Lina off the site in a high arc, but with wit and a talent for persuasion she manages to win Kalle over to her project.
Together they throw themselves into the piles of scrap metal and set off in search of usable individual parts. After initial suspicion, the two loners get better and better at climbing, finding and fiddling together. Lina and Kalle thaw out, and a serious search turns into a flying game. But it soon becomes clear that Lina's secrecy about her pump not only puts their new friendship in great danger, but she must also face her greatest fear.
A film about true friends, trust and the liberating feeling of letting go.
awards & Festivals
- Gewinnt ZuKi Filmpreis in der Kategorie Bester Kinderfilm auf den int. Grenzland-Filmtagen 2023
- Providence Children’s Film Festival 2022
- Landshuter Shortfilm Program 2022
- Deutsches Kinder Medien Festival Goldener Spatz 2021
- Kurzfilmfestival Alpinale 2022
- SCHLINGEL – Intern. Kinder- und Jugendfilmfestival, Chemnitz, 2022 (Gewinnt Kurzfilmpreis Spielfilm national)
- Children’s International Filmfestival of Wales, UK, 2022
- Grenzland Filmtage 2023
- Jugend Filmjury FBW 4,5 stars, 2023
- Parnerfestival „Smile“ in Neu Dehli/Indien 2023
- Ennesimo Film Festival in Modena 2023